What is ISBA Youth?
ISBA Youth is a youth led program for young people between the ages of 12 and 18 or those in Middle and High school. Our Youth Leadership Team (YLT), consisting of up to 11 members, plans and runs these programs. Adult mentors help to guide and assist our YLT but expect that our young leaders know what they want for and from this program.
- Inform mentors about what they would like to do and not the other way around
- Attend leadership workshops to prepare them for college and beyond
- Learn to speak about Islam and Muslims
- Engage with youth of other faiths to exchange ideas and do community service
- Learn life skills needed for success like social, business, and interfaith etiquette
- Learn how to engage in dialogue with those who are different to them
- Plan and facilitate programs for all youth around the Valley to join and enjoy
Past YLT Programs:
- Know Your Neighbor 5K Run, Walk, Roll
- Youth Interfaith Iftar
- Virtual Trivia Game
- A Conversation Series with local police chiefs
- Winter Clothing Drive for Afghan Evacuees
ISBA Youth Leadership Team
We understand that YLT members are young and ISBA always puts family and school first, and we have no intention of making you choose YLT above those two, however, if you do not have time for this team then we would appreciate you allowing another person be given a chance to participate in this program.